- Headquartered in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, Mainline Carriers Ltd. is one the fastest growing transport companies in East Africa, with over 20 years of experience. Over the years our fleet has grown while creating new services to better meet our customers’ needs. The corporate objective is to assist, and in some cases partnership with, businesses involved in import/export and transportation cope with the ongoing logistical challenges. We try to tailor viable solutions to enable corporate clients and partners achieve their goals. Handling cargo safely, securely and efficiently with a variety of vehicles,...read more
Our vision is our dream, our aspiration for the future.
Mainline Carrier Ltd strives to become the contractor of choice for the execution of exceptional road transport, logistical management and installation projects. Each project, each operation, each achievement is unique and realizes something that is often seen as impossible to the outside world and our clients.
The operations department comprises the Yard Crew, the Riggers and the Drivers. The former along with the Riggers get the vehicles ready and dispatch them for either loading or load delivery to the client. The latter are the Drivers, many of whom have been with us since we started our operation
In our yard we also destuff and restuff containers and consolidate cargo, break down overweight items and reload for less costly transportation.
The workshop is a modern facility with 6 bays (2-Trailers 3-Tractors 1-Tyres). The personnel comprise the regular automotive trades, Mechanics, Welders, Electricians, Painters, Etc.
The administration encompasses the HR, HSE, Training and Security operations. Our international Compliances require that these functions be to “World Best Practice” standards.
what we offer
Door to Door Services
Mainline Prides itself on the flexibility to provide Door to Door logistics from Supplier or Manufacturer to our Clients. This could be a total package or, more usually, from arrival in Tanzania to our Clients.
General Cargo Haulage
- All types of containers (GP, OT, FR, Reefer etc)
- Break Bulk
Abnormal / Out of Gauge (OOG) Haulage
- Well trained & Highly Capable rigging Staff for OOG
- Permit Applications
- Certified lashing gear
- Engineered precision placement of your equipment
Escort / Pilot Vehicles
- Trained & experienced support personnel
- Range of support equipment, equipped with Satellite Tracking
- Assist in loading & offloading
- Arrange: Police, TANESCO & TTCL Escorts
- Arrange: Wide / Abnormal Load Permit
- 100 tons Hydraulic Jacks
- Heavy duty Tirfors & Rollers
- Heavy duty Stools
We always start projects with the route assessment to ensure no problems will be encountered. Sometimes we have to find ways to overcome problems.